The second iteration of Pillar’s flagship crypto wallet is launching in a period of stellar growth for the wider cryptocurrency industry as crypto assets across the board see their valuations soar. In turn, crypto wallet providers like Pillar are attempting to keep pace with demand, as more and more investors, traders and crypto-enthusiasts search for secure and accessible storage for their newly-obtained assets.
The V2 of Pillar’s multichain wallet – which for the first-time will be community governed – aims to provide a user-friendly and safe option for these crypto-enthusiasts, as well as an inexpensive alternative to the more mainstream and established options. Indeed, V2’s new features and services are tailored to crypto newbies and natives alike, including:
- Community DAO – Pillar (PLR) token holders govern the product roadmap, fund initiatives; manage the treasury of 100M PLR tokens; and get rewarded for their contributions.
- Low fees and faster transaction speeds – users can connect to dApps available on side chains and Layer 2 networks and pay 99 percent lower fees compared to Ethereum.
- Cross-portfolio management – one wallet, one address, and one dashboard to manage crypto assets across networks for a unified multi-chain experience.
- In-app Curated insights – wallet users can access industry news, trends and educational materials directly within the app (via Pillar Stories).
- Decentralized and secure – smart contract-based wallets offer enhanced security and are recoverable.